- Bride2Bride.co.uk run by Staple Media Limited (‘Bride2Bride’ or ‘we’) is committed to protecting your personal information when you use our website and services. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Information you give to us: this includes personal information you provide when registering to use the Bride2Bride website, posting an advertisement, or requesting further services
- Information about your location: when you use one of our services that supports location-enabled services, we may collect information about your actual location by asking you to enter a postcode
- Information about transactions: if you communicate with a buyer or seller on Bride2Bride using the built-in messaging service, we may keep a record of the details of that communication
- Contact information: if you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence
- to send you carefully selected special offers and promotions by email. You can opt-out of these marketing messages at any time by changing the settings in the dashboard on Bride2Bride or contacting us with your full name, user name (if applicable) and postcode. Please note that it may take up to two weeks to implement this change. You will always be given a straightforward way to opt out of our marketing messages each time you receive a communication from us.
- we may use your IP address to identify your location, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
- if we need to contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance; to tell you about changes to our service;
- to contact you about an advertisement you have placed on Bride2Bride or an advertisement you have responded to on Bride2Bride;
- to personalise or improve the way our content and advertising is presented to you online: to analyse and improve the services we offer e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience or the most relevant information;
- to process payments and any other requests you make of us;
- to keep our records up to date;
- where you have given us your permission, to pass your information to carefully selected organisations to allow them to tell you about their special offers or products and services that may be of interest to you.
- to ensure that any advertising you see is relevant to you. Please see our Cookies Policy for more information about this; and we may use third-party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit our website.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
This page outlines how we collect and use your information.
Please note that our website may contain links to websites that are owned and operated by third parties. These websites will have their own privacy policies that govern the collection and use of your personal information which you should review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites so you use any such websites at your own risk.
Information we may collect about you
When you sign up to our website we may ask for personal information about you. This can include information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, or date of your wedding.
If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide us with your personal information. Unless you have this consent you are not allowed to give us your information.
How we look after your information
The information that we collect from you is stored on a web host within the UK. Your information will be processed by staff to process payment details or provide you with support services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security and when giving us your information you do so at your own risk.
We will hold your information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. If you change your registration profile to opt-out of receiving communications from us, your record will stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future. If you wish to cancel your registration, you may do so by accessing your dashboard on Bride2Bride and changing the settings or by contacting us using the details available in the ‘Contact Us’ section of the website
How we use your information
We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
Sharing your information with others
Normally, we will only use your information within Bride2Bride in order to provide the service/product you have requested.
We will only disclose your information to third parties with your consent or where we need to do so in order to provide a service you have requested or improve the service and advertising that your receive (on both our websites and apps, and third party websites and apps). We will also disclose your information to third parties when the disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Please note that if you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our services, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, we may use your information to stop such behaviour. In this instance we may use your information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
We require all third parties with whom we share your information to treat it with the same protection we do. Unless you consent we also require that they do not use your information for their own business purposes.
Your rights and further information
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved photographic identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
The Company Secretary, Staple Media Ltd, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU, United Kingdom
Last updated: October 2016
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.